Wednesday, May 04, 2005

A Stop On the Journey

Visits to Linwood House may be a stopping or rest on the journey, perhaps a place for the mind to rest, change scenery and pace. It has also been a holding place for objects, treasures and things that just need to be home for a while.

Today a friend of Dorothea's moved some treasures that began their voyage in Singapore, went to New York, then San Fransisco and found their way to Linwood House. They have been useful in their stay here but now it is time for these treasures of G's to be moved to a new place in Florida.

Gwen often says that what is in your home should be a treasure, have a story, or be necessary. All else just doesn't need to take up space. The desk, some figurines, silver canteen set, cook books and a few other items were valued as they waited here until they could be taken home. Now they are on their way south for the summer, the fall, the winter and spring - as long a season as our friend G remains there.

It is just like the chapter of the book you are reading - when it is finished you move on.

King David wrote these words that elude to stopping places, chapters and moving forward:
He stood me up on a wide-open field:
I stood there saved - surprised to be loved!
God made my life complete when I placed all the pieces before him.
When I got my act together, he gave me a fresh start.
Now I'm alert to God's ways; I don't take God for granted.
Every day I review the ways he works; I try not to miss a trick.
I feel put back together, and I'm watching my step.
God rewrote the text of my life when I opened the book of my heart to his eyes.

Psalm 18:19-24 The Message

And thankfully we have a new part in the boiler/heating system and should have hot water by tomorrow morning!

|

1 Comments:

At 7:34 PM, Blogger anj said...

Hurrah for stopping places, items with stories, beauty, or use, and hot water!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com